Monday, July 11, 2011

How Much is too Much?

There are so many articles and blogs written about Twitter follower count and how it is important.  Yes, I do feel that the number of followers you have is important.  The more followers you have the more people who are reading your 140 characters.  The more people read what you write the more influence you have in the world.  No, I will not be writing another blog about the importance of follower.  This post will be about who you follow.

As of right now, I am following 575 accounts on Twitter.  Back when I was following only about 300 accounts I felt like it was too many.  Over the past six months or so there were many great companies and people I couldn't not follow so my count quickly increased.  Now that I am nearing 600 I really feel as though it is nearing that too much stage.  I have no doubt

Sometimes when I start following someone or someone starts following me I take a look at their following/follower count.  I often seen numbers in the thousands on both ends and think to myself, "how do they do it?"  That question is better answered on the following count because the followers do not have an effect on what that person reads.  Does the person who follows 2,000 people actually read every tweet on their timeline?  Even with my 575 following count, I will be the first to admit that I do not read everything on my timeline.  I know some of the tweets are less than 140 characters but sometimes it is hard to read everything throughout the day.

Most of the time I am checking Twitter via my iPhone causing me to flip through Tweets much faster than I would the computer which is why I say I do not read everything and sometimes I only have a couple of minutes to read through.

If you are reading this please answer the following questions for me in a comment.
- How much is too much?
- Do you read every tweet that comes through your timeline?
- Did you ever think you would be following as many accounts are you currently are?
- How do you frequently check Twitter?  Phone? Computer? Tablet?

1 comment:

  1. - How much is too much?
    For me 162 is a little too much, thank god there are lists, because I would be following much more people. But on the other hand I enjoy following all those people on Twitter. And I agree with you - people who follow thousands accounts - why? and how?

    - Do you read every tweet that comes through your timeline?
    No ;P It's impossible! for me.. right now.. I'm too busy. Plus there's also tumblr and facebook, phew.

    - Did you ever think you would be following as many accounts are you currently are?
    No. It just happened, lol.

    - How do you frequently check Twitter? Phone? Computer? Tablet?
    Twitter? Not much lately. I am not in the mood for Twitter, but sometimes I have that weird phase when I tweet like crazy.

    (Great blog :) )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...